Try 25 days
FittingKVdm - regression analysis software
Another program to make mathematical models where the parameters are fitted with least squares regression analysis... why?
- It works with iteration, which is often more precise because there is no need to take logarithms of variables.
- The weights of the data points are taken into account, using the standard deviations (confidence intervals) of both x and y variables! They are also used to make a realistic estimation of the parameter confidence intervals.
- Easy to use: you can visually follow the iteration proces, and that can give you a lot of insight in the stability of the parameters! This makes it interesting to show in a classroom!
- Unique: in the case of invertible model functions, the fitting can be done in x and y directions, which gives a dramatical improvement! I call this 'multidirectional regression' (not to be confused with 'total least squares' or 'Deming/orthogonal regression'). Especially for power function models my program produces way better results than other well known software (e.g. Wolfram, GraphPad Prism, GeoGebra, Graphmatica, TI-84,...)! Don't believe me, just try it!
- Model functions in this version: constant, linear, quadratic, cubic, exponential, 1-exp, Gauss, double Gauss, power, logistic, double logistic (peak), sine, double sine, parallax, rational (Michaelis-Menten), refractive index. Being an experimental physicist, I have personally tested every model with real world data. These are included for educational purposes.
I will add more model functions according to your needs! And since this is version 1.0, you will get some free updates for a while!
The first version of this software program is released the 10th of April, 2021.
Requirements: pc with Windows 7 or later/Mac with Windows emulator; recommended screen resolution: 1920x1080 (full HD).
Author: Koen Van de moortel - email@example.com - +32 9 2277036 or +32 47 7368526
BTW: "Leren is plezant" is flemish for "Learning is pleasant".